With a strong sense of responsibility and professionalism, especially in the period we are going through, we believe that the health and safety of our guests and staff is a top priority for our hotel. In accordance with the guidelines of the European Union and the Greek Government for the management of COVID-19, Paradise Village has implemented the appropriate procedures to safeguard the health and safety of its guests and staff. For this reason, we have developed a series of measures to be implemented in each and every section of our facilities, in order to prevent and manage possible COVID-19 cases, and reduce the spread of the virus to our guests and staff.
Paradise Village communicates the measures and requirements of the action plan to all internal and external associates (employees, tenants, contractors, suppliers, visitors and general public) and stakeholders.
Continuous information is provided with the means available inside the hotel (e.g. TVs in all public areas, in-room TVs, signage before entering each public area [info kiosk] and electronic information in the reception).
- Front desk staff complies with all basic measures to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
- Avoid overcrowding at check-in / check-out – maintain social distancing.
- No one is allowed to enter the rooms, except the occupants and the housekeeping staff.
- Antiseptic for guests at the hotel front desk area.
- Floor signs 2m apart encouraging social distancing in the waiting area, and proper furniture layout.
- Frequent disinfection of the front desk.
- For any emergency, a medical kit is available. The kit includes disposable gloves and masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe and laser thermometer.
- Key cards are disinfected.
- Extension of the check-in and check-out hours (check out until 11am & check-in from 3pm).
Cleaning & Disinfection of Rooms and Public Areas
- The hotel implements the cleaning and disinfection instructions according to the circular of the Ministry of Health.
- Public areas, the main entrance, the reception area, the knobs, counters, tables, elevator buttons and other frequently touched surfaces are often disinfected throughout the day.
- The rooms are meticulously cleaned with special attention to frequently touched surfaces and disinfected with the use of suitable disinfectants.
- The TV and air conditioning remote controls have disposable covers.
- Fabric surfaces (e.g. furniture upholstery) are cleaned with a steamer (at a temperature over 70° C).
- Special cleaning instructions are applied in case of occurrence of a case according to the respective Instructions of the National Public Health Organization.
- Each room is cleaned and ventilated between stays.
- The operation of dishwashers and washing machines is regularly inspected.
- Housekeeping staff is equipped with gloves, masks, apron and closed toe shoes.
- It is not allowed to clean a room of a suspected case, a confirmed case or of contacts of a confirmed case of Covid-19.
- Hygiene rules are observed by the housekeeping staff when sorting dirty linen.
- Used linen is placed in closed, labeled bags.
- There are separate areas for clean and dirty linen.
- The carts are disinfected after each use to transport the closed bags with linen.
- The necessary measures are observed during the delivery of the clean linen from an external associate.
- Housekeeping staff is responsible for keeping linen clean and in good condition.
- The hotel is certified with HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), an internationally recognized method of identifying and managing risk related to food safety. Strict good hygiene, cleaning and disinfection practices in the food sector (production and services) with strict observance of HACCP regulations.
- Staff handling goods is always wearing PPE.
- Safe distance between kitchen staff members is observed according to the requirements of the health authorities.
- The entrance in the kitchen area is forbidden to anyone not working there. In case it is necessary, PPE is provided.
- Customers disinfect their hands when entering and leaving each area.
- All staff members comply with all basic measures to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
- The tables are set with disposable tablecloths and the cutlery is placed in individual sealed bags after disinfection.
- Upon entering the buffet, guests should always wear a mask and disposable gloves. They must also disinfect their hands before and after using gloves.
- Only packaged individual snacks are provided at the bar.
- Room Service staff observes the basic measures against the spread of COVID-19 and uses PPE.
Beach & Pools
- Regular daily inspection of residual chlorine and pH levels in each pool.
- For each pool, there is maximum capacity with a ratio of 1/5 m2 of water surface.
- The arrangement of the seats (sunbeds, etc.) ensures that people from different rooms are at least 2m apart.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection is applied to all sunbeds after use.
- Systematic chlorination in outdoor pools with the use of the disinfectants indicated by specialized associates.
- Hand sanitizer points for guests and staff in all outdoor areas.
- The indoor pool will not be open this season.
- Operation of recreation areas for children.
- Antiseptic solutions in all public areas in fixed or non-fixed devices.
- Club cars: PPE for the driver and cleaning of all club cars after every use. There is no limit to the number of passengers.
- The elevators are frequently cleaned with emphasis on the most frequently touched surfaces.
- Customers are reminded to keep social distance through floor signs.
- The furniture in the common areas has been rearranged to avoid overcrowding.
- Valet parking is not available; only self-service parking is available.
- The arrangement of the seats at the beach is in compliance with the legal framework.
- Tennis and basketball courts are open for hotel guests.
Paradise Village Staff
- The staff is trained in the observance of health protocols.
- There is a doctor collaborating with the hotel.
- Equipped with personal protection equipment.
- The staff undergo a COVID-19 test before returning to the hotel from holidays.
- In case of symptoms, they stay at home, and return to work if the laboratory test is negative.
- All staff members undergo self-tests for Covid-19 at least once a week.
- Pets are not allowed in the hotel.
- Smoking is not allowed in any area of the hotel.
Paradise Village Hotel has been certified by the Hotel Chamber of Greece with the special certification mark “Health First“, which is mandatory for tourist accommodation companies that will operate in 2021.